Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Brittany's New Axe

The old adage, which proclaims, "It is better to give, than to receive", is true!  How do I know this?

Well, read the response from Brittany Saulsberry (a US Navy Corpsman stationed at Bastion Hospital in Afghanistan), which I received recently thanking me for making a guitar for her, and look at her photo . . . the question will answer itself.

I was very busy building other guitars and amps when Brittany asked for a guitar, so I promised her one, which I had made for my personal collection.  She enthusiastically said, "Yes".  I was relieved to be able to get something to her soon, and she was happy, too.  Read her response.

Hello Jess,

I got it finally.  I got it right when I made it back to the other base, coming from Chapel . . . I was so excited.  When I get on my own computer, I will email you pictures of me opening it and playing. 

A British officer already taught me a twelve bar.  He said that after a few times he is going to add in more for the song. 

Thank you so much, and thank you for being kind while I was sick (I wished her well when she was ill), I feel so much better and I have not stopped smiling.

I'm going to see if the shop personnel could make me a case for the guitar.

Well, you have a blessed night, and I will talk to you later.

Respectfully yours,
Hm3 Saulsberry

No comments:

Post a Comment