Friday, October 28, 2011

"The Impala'

I was cruising through the swap meet a couple months ago and happened upon an ol' gal peddling car emblems.  So, being the gearhead that I am, I stopped to look.  These weren't beat up old emblems, they were really nice stuff.

Normally, she was asking $10-$30 for each piece for the old stuff, but I managed to wheel and deal with her, and after learning that I send guitars to servicemen/women, she made me a sweet deal on a bunch of emblems.  I didn't tell her that not all my guitars go overseas . . . but, she didn't ask, so I didn't tell . . . military standard, don'cha know.

Long story short, I walked away with a dozen or so shiney pieces that I was sure would work nicely on the box of a guitar.

After building a couple other CBGs, I got to the car parts and 'The Impala' hit the road first.  It's a straightaway electro/acoustic three-string using an Oliva cigar box for the basis.  Damn, I like the sound produced from this box.  It resonates very well acoustically, and the sustain is awesome for such a little box. It's rivaled by the Padron and Cohiba, but in my opinion it is the best. 

Take a look and tell me what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment