Saturday, October 8, 2011

'LaGloria II'

Several months ago, I happened onto a really cool LaGloria cigar box, which I turned into a CBG.  It's featured here on my site, if you're interested.

A week or so ago, I popped into my favorite smoke shop to see Jeff, and staring at me from a stack of empty cigar boxes was the sister to the 'LaGloria'.  I couldn't leave the Burning Leaf  without that box.

The 'LaGloria II' is a three string electro/acoustic, like her sister, but not quite as shapely.  She does, however have the same deep chocolate color with a little honey tossed in for an attractive and distinguishable appearance.  Her mellow sound can make a fella play hard and groan loud.

Since this box opens from the center, I used clasps at the front and back of the box to keep the lids in place. 

The oval sound hole covers are from a ladies belt, which I picked up at a flea market.  I think they add the right touch to the overall appearance of the box and complement the oval LaGloria logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment