Tuesday, April 12, 2011

'Bad Acid' Monster Amp





This is Jeff's 'Bad Acid' mini-amp.  Don't ask me why he requested that I build the amp from an Acid cigar box, just let it suffice that he has been a rocker all his life and that he loves to chill playing his guitar . . . loud!

It is a very straight-forward build created from a GuitarFuel harness, supplied by my friend Ty, with components installed inside a small (7" x 7" x 3-1/2") cigar box.  

This little blower has power on/off; tone expander (peak, flat, bright); volume; and boost (clean, overdrive, metal drive) controls.  It can be lighted up using a small 9V battery or a 15V AC adapter, to push sound through a 4-inch speaker.  And, if you're brave, you can listen to the blast with headphones plugged into a jack on the side.

It's simple, sanitary, and sounds great!

If you're interested, I'll build a 'Little Monster' for you.
Just write me a note, and I'll take it from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment