Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A TotalRojo CBG Goes to Afghanistan

I recently joined in with some other guitar makers from around the country to provide cigar box guitars to service men and women who are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan.  The group was started by a friend (Diane) from Chicago, and it has really taken off.

We provide instruments at no cost to help them find a little enjoyment in what must be a most difficult time in their lives.  They never complain, but one only has to imagine, right!

A Navy nurse (LT Virginia Sullivan) serving at a field hospital at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan contacted the group about providing a guitar for her friend and fellow caregiver Carrie.  LT Sullivan wasn't asking for herself, because she claims she is not musically inclined, but I convinced her that she should give it a try.


Virginia's guitar will ship tomorrow, and I think Sam is sending his to Carrie tomorrow as well.

They promised to send us photos to post on our web sites and on CigarBox Nation.  Stay tuned for that, but in the meantime, I will post photos of the guitar I built for Virginia.

I'll provide guitars all day long for those folks!  It's the least I can do to show appreciation for what they are doing for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment