Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Tiki Time!

A couple weeks ago, I got a message from Tim, a new friend from Chicago via cyberspace, asking if I would pinstripe a cigar box in a Tiki motif for a guitar he is going to build.  This Internet stuff is awesome, it lets a fella make new friends in the most interesting ways.  He saw one of my striped guitars on CigarBoxNation.

The Tiki theme comes from his desire to become the next Surf Guitar legend, ala Dick Dale style, (just kidding Tim). 

I said yes. Tim sent the box last week. I finished the creation yesterday.  Will ship it tomorrow.  Take a look, and let me know if I can stripe a toilet seat or a tuna can for you.



2 comments:

  1. This box is SICK!! Just radical artwork, I let Jess take the reigns and said make me a freaky tiki and he ran with it! It was a pleasure doing business with him and I made a great friend in the process. Awesome work Jess! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm biased, but it really is a great piece. Congrats on getting such a cool piece of art.

    ReplyDelete