Sunday, November 7, 2010

'Big Business' Enters the CBG Arena

In a recent post, I mentioned buying, from Mitzi in Monroe, La., the cigar box that eventually became the 'Orion' guitar. 

She was kind enough to stop her eBay auction to sell me the box for a cool ten bucks.  Geez, I nearly wet my pants over that box.  I've not seen another like it, in its original form, or in a guitar conversion, and I just had to make it into a guitar.

Well, tonight I got a note from Mitzi after she looked at my blog and saw what a nice creation came from her willingness to sacrifice the auction so I could satisfy my own crazy thirst for a unique instrument.  She is such a nice person, and she has very kind words of praise for my work and creativity.

Hang on, the story gets better. 

It turns out that Mitzi is a business woman to be reckoned with.  She revealed that, what I have mistakenly thought was kindness and sympathy on her part, for an old guy with a lust for mystereous little three- and four-string instruments made from dicarded waste, is actually 'Big Business' at work here.

Mitzi from Monroe confessed that she paid a whopping two bucks for that box at a yard sale, and that she didn't even know why she bought the damn thing in the first place.

I know why!  She knows that a sucker is born every day, and I was the sucker for her cigar box.  But, what she dodn't know is that I would have paid twentyfive bucks for that box that day.  So I guess we both won big! 

Thanks again Mitzi, you da' Lady!

1 comment:

  1. The funny thing about my garage sale purchase... I asked the lady how much she wanted for it. She told me 5 bucks, I had already decided that I would only give her 2. She agreed to the 2 bucks that i offered her and I was on my way. All the while, I'm wondering why I even gave her 2. I didn't really know what it was or what I would do with it. Little did i know that it's destiny was to end up with Jess in Ohio and become a beautiful piece of art! I'm so glad I was able to see the Orion reincarinated!! Beautiful!!!!! Mitzi

    ReplyDelete