Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Will I Live To See 80?



I recently visited my primary health care doctor.  After exhaustive lab tests, he proclaimed I was doing 'well' for my age.  I just turned 71.

A little concerned about his comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"


He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?


"Oh, no!", I replied.  "I'm not doing drugs, either!"


Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"  I said, "Not much!, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"  "Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, bicycling?"  "No, I don't", I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have lots of sex?"  "NO!", I said.

He looked at me and said, "Then really, why do you even give a shit?"

No comments:

Post a Comment